- Tips to Keep Your Tyres Rolling
Tips to Keep Your Tyres Rolling Posted on 24th, March 2020
You oil the engine; you polish the paint, but what about the tyres? Just like other parts of your vehicle, your tyres need to be cared for to keep them in on the road in top performance.
Take the following tips from AJAJ Tyres to keep your tyres rolling:
- Cold Drill Checking your tyre pressure when your Tyres are cold is essential as once the vehicle is warm and driven, the pressure increases.
- Top It Off Know the correct tyre pressure for your tyres on the inside edge of your driver’s door. Every other week, check the pressure to ensure they are properly inflated.
- Don’t Go Under, By law, the tread is required to be no less than 1.6mm. Recommendations for wet weather conditions is 2mm. Stay safe, don’t go under the recommended tread requirement, and don’t go under the legal tread requirement.
- Make It a Match Don’t chance road handling issues. Make sure the tyre tread and axle are the same brand.
- Make It Last Get the maximum life out of your tyres with regular Wheel Alignments. This will ensure that your tyres wear evenly, and run stronger for longer.
- Don’t Forget the Spare When checking the tyre pressure and inflating, don’t forget to make sure you do the same for the spare. You’ll be thankful if you happen to need it down the road!
- Keep a Grip Don’t forget; your tyres are what keeps you on the road. With a surface size of your hand, don’t neglect to replace your tyres!
- What’s the Grove? Be safe. Don’t let them wear out. Grab a match head and insert it into the tread groove. If the head of the match sits above the groove, your tyre is worn and it is time for a replacement.
- Tread Depth Check With new tyres braking takes 26.6m when travelling at 80km/h, with worn tyres 37.8, so be sure to check your tread depth and to stay safe!
- Don’t Weigh It Down Too much weight in the vehicle means too much weight on the tyres. Don’t weight it down!
- Keep It Stress-free Check your tyres regularly for embedded objects, side wall bruises and tears.
- Don’t Forget ConsumptionWhen tyres are not properly insulated, your vehicle will burn more fuel. Keep costs to a minimum. Check the pressure regularly.
Looking for Tyres or Wheels service?
Contact our Yagoona or Ingleburn Tyre Shops
For Yagoona Call: 0414 969 969
For Ingleburn Call: 0433 286 232
OR request a quote here: Quote